Company Formation

Hero Icon

The business idea: The foundation of every venture

Every new venture begins with a business idea. The ultimate goal is to turn a promising idea into a profitable business model. But are you asking the right questions? Contents How to find the right business idea The discovery phase Ask the right questions Evolve existing business models Tap into current trends Open a franchise …

Read more

Gewerbeerlaubnis: Do I need a licence for my business in Germany?

In general, there is Gewerbefreiheit (freedom of trade) in Germany. This means that people setting up businesses in most industries/trades don’t need a permit or authorisation. However, there are some exceptions for which you need a “Gewerbeerlaubnis” (business licence). Contents What is a Gewerbeerlaubnis? Which businesses need a Gewerbeerlaubnis?  Registration obligation Gewerbeerlaubnis criteria   What …

Read more

Fragebogen zur steuerlichen Erfassung für Einzelunternehmen: The tax questionnaire guide for sole proprietorships

Every sole proprietor in Germany has to register with the tax office through the “Fragebogen zur steuerlichen Erfassung für Einzelunternehmen” (questionnaire for the tax registration of sole proprietorships). However, correctly filling this form out isn’t so easy. To help you out, we’ve put together this guide on how to complete the questionnaire step-by-step. Contents Tax …

Read more